Monday, March 20, 2006

Every Dog Has It's Day

March has seemed to be going quickly. I didn't really have any big plans for Saint Patrick's Day. My mom's side of the family does have some Irish in them, but I don't think that I can consider myself Irish. I do think that it's fun to spend the holiday drinking Guiness and eating corned beef and cabbage every once in a while though.

The past couple of weeks have been fairly busy, and I've also been dog sitting for my Mom and step dad while they were out of town for a couple of weeks. Their dog is an older dog that they rescued from the pound, and he's really mellow so it was good to have him around for a while.

Also, I've enrolled in an advanced scuba diving class, but I'm still working on getting medically cleared due to a minor heart defect that I've had since I was a kid. It has never been a major problem, and I didn't seem to have any issues while doing the beginning dive class that I did a long time ago so I'm hoping to get cleared soon.

I am looking forward to diving again though. The advanced class seemed fun. The first class that I took I didn't get to see a whole lot of fish or anything like that because the visibility was really bad due to a red tide. Hopefully more exciting dive stories will come from this class.

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2006 at 8:57 AM, Blogger prey4wind said...

I didn't know you had a blog...you never told me! That's cool, I like the sketches. Yeah, for Saint Patrick's Day I had guiness, but after having mixed red and white wine, so you can guess how I felt after that. I hope the red tide doesn't linger for half of the summer like last year!

 
At April 3, 2006 at 7:41 PM, Blogger Mike G said...

Thanks for checking out the blog. Sorry I didn't tell you about it. I've been pretty bad about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home